<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/3233991?origin\x3dhttp://innocentsparkle.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <body bgcolor= #000000>
Thursday, October 07, 2004

the different shades of womanhood
credits: limpbwizit.blogcity.com

DISCLAIMER: i don't intend to stereotype girls in this entry. at most, this is an _expression of the usual impressions i have on girls, based on their school. these are just personal opinions based on my own perceptions.

let's begin with da maroon girls.

i'm sorry to tell you this but UP girls are semi-schizos. they probably have PMS everyday. but i'm more convinced that a lot of them are poseurs. having been in UP for 5 years, i know the pressures inside the campus. man, that totoong tao thing that the UP community wants to force into every UP stude produces the opposite effect. and the funny thing here is that the concept of a totoong tao assumed a stereotype character so that people have to be this or to be that for them to be called real people, which, obviously runs counter to the very essence of a totoong tao.

add to that the UP hardcore feminist groups who consistently torture girls with negative labels so that it just becomes so difficult for UP girls to become sexy without being called a slut or a victim of capitalist pursuits. and there's also the pressure for UP girls to have an "intelligent image" so that it becomes so hard for them to be attracted to guys for some non-intelligent reasons. worse, there's not a lot of pressure for UP girls to be fashionable so if you're looking for a "babe," in the chauvinist context of the word, it's a strenuous exercise to search for her in UP. but if you're looking for some hard-to-finds, UP is definitely the place to go - it definitely has girls of different shapes and sizes. and oh, if courting is your problem, UP is definitely the place for you - you could sit back, relax, and let her do all the moves.

and there's one thing that i don't like about UP girls, i always feel that everything i say, not say, do, and not do is being subjected to in-depth analyses.

i'm so tired, i'll continue next time.


different shades of womanhood (part 2)

let's check out the girls of my other alma mater.

ateneo girls are the closest sisters of the maroon girls, except that the blue girls are more fashionable and they speak better english. bitches also make up a considerable portion of the ateneo female population, more or less in the same proportion as UP. there is, however, a substantial difference between a blue bitch and a maroon bitch. an average blue bitch is a bratty bitch while an average maroon bitch is a paranoid bitch. a bratty bitch becomes a challenging "prospect" while a paranoid bitch is an annoyance.

but the most distinguishing quality of a blue girl is her taste. a "regular" blue girl wants a goody-goody boy, well-bred, well-groomed, and all. a "regular" maroon girl goes for the maginoo pero bastos type and the usual UP campus heartthrob would probably be an ateneo loser or weirdo. an average blue girlfriend is therefore the regular leading lady in an action movie - supportive of her man and prettier than her boyfriend. an average maroon girlfriend is not usually like that. she could be more handsome than her boyfriend and she performs so many roles - she could be a drinking buddy, a competitive rival in so many things, a sugar mommy, or a prison warden.

i'm sorry to make an unwarranted comparison between blue girls and maroon girls but it's unavoidable coz most of the girls i know are either from UP or from ateneo.

to taft ave. now.

a cross-breed of a blue girl and a maroon girl is an archerette (i don't want to call her a green girl, for obvious reasons), at least, linguistically speaking. in other words, a "regular" archerette is a taglisera.

an average archerette gives so much importance to her looks, much more than an average blue girl does, and definitely much much more than an average maroon girl does. thus, if you're searching for a "babe," la salle's the place to go (excuse me, not the one in dasma). just watch UAAP and see the difference - an archerette is often featured as the hottest girl in the gallery. sorry, wrong. an archerette is often featured as the hottest girl in the gallery who's willing to do that blowing of kiss thing in front of the camera. it's like, duuuuuuh!!!

but in fairness, i think an average archerette is an ideal girlfriend. she doesn't give so much shit about intelligence and breeding, as her environment might have influenced her standards, and she would probably be so impressed with an academic latak of UP or ateneo. plus, being taken does not cause her to become losyang and she's the kind who wants to look beautiful for her boyfriend coz that, probably, is her only source of pride and joy so that if a guy and an archerette break up, she'll blame the pimple on her cheek, a five-pound weight gain, or the eyebag that she failed to conceal. so the guy who breaks up with her is acquitted of any crime coz the sole culprit is either the pimple, the eyebag, or the unwanted weight increase.

more next time...

*definition

average - almost synonymous with majority, meaning, most of them. majority is 50% + 1. the average is based on my personal observations. hence, it's limited to those i've met and seen.

*classification

girls who finished their respective undergradute degrees in schools other than ateneo but went to ateneo law are not deemed ateneans for the purpose of this blog entry. for this purpose, they are classified according to their undergrad school.


trish passed by on: 6:48 a.m.
|



AbouT Me
bubuyog glasses

Full-time Princesa

 

1. 28 is my fave number... actually anything with an 8...Ü
2. I was born on March 28, 1987...
3. I studied nursery in Sagrada Familia Pre-School.
4. I spent 11 years in St. Scholastica's College, Manila.
5. I consider April 15-May 24, 2002 to be the best six weeks of my life! AJSS35 pa rin!
6. I love the color pink!
7. I'm jologs, my gawd! I watch pinoy TV and I enjoy it talaga! I watch pinoy movies and I simply love 'em...
8. I collect PINK magazines.
9. I appeared sa PINk Mag before, in their 2nd ish! And sa Candy Oct 2005 ish.
10. I love shopping! Bangkok!!!
11. I'm mataray! but not super mataray...
12. A lot of people say I look intimidating...
13. I'm kikay, but not too kikay-ish...
14. I hate wearing sleeveless tops.
15. I'm more often than not "sporty" in the way i dress up.
16. I'm confident to speak in public.
17. I'm not afraid to say what I think.
18. I can't memorize things! I hate memory work!
19. I'm an ISKA!
20. I'm a debater! (UPM-Debate Circle rox!
21. I'm boylet-less and happy to be single. (I'm not looking!!!)
22. I hate jerks! (you guys know who you are!!!)
23. I used to weigh 140 when i was in 2nd year...
24. I don't eat rice pag dinner...
25. I call myself TRISH, everyone else calls me Patty Ü
26. I love taking pictures of cute kids...
27. I love the beach in BORACAY!
28. When I'm good, I'm very good... When I'm bad, I'm very bad!!! So don't mess with me!

 

Past Blogs

December 2001 January 2002 March 2002 April 2002 May 2002 June 2002 July 2002 August 2002 November 2002 December 2002 April 2003 May 2003 April 2004 May 2004 June 2004 July 2004 August 2004 September 2004 October 2004 November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 May 2008 September 2008 October 2008 December 2008 January 2009 April 2009

Links
AbiRu  Adel Brice & comp.  Charm Dianne Evette Falqi Jaryd Jaymilyn Jay-R Jem Joseph Jules Kareeza Kevin Lyle Maine MickAisa Mika  Mnel Pam Pep Romel Ron Sed Syaza Tricia Ynna

Credits
EmmaElaine's
Kirsten's Xanga Site
Hilary Duff
Blogger
Blogskins